• Home
    • Contact
    • About
No Result
View All Result
Saturday, August 22, 2026
Discern TV
No Result
View All Result
PatriotTV
No Result
View All Result
Home Videos Politics
Donald-Trump-2024

Billionaire-Backed GOP Group Launches $50 Million Campaign to Prevent Trump 2024

by Naveen Athrappully
March 13, 2024

(The Epoch Times)—A Washington-based anti-Trump political group launched a $50 million election campaign on Tuesday to stop the former president from winning a second term, showcasing testimonials from former Trump supporters who do not plan on voting for him in 2024.

“The Republican Voters Against Trump campaign will target moderate Republican and Republican-leaning voters in key swing states with video testimonials of people sharing in their own words what caused them to break with Trump,” the Republican Accountability PAC said in a March 12 press release.

“Traditional Republican voters who have long supported the party but have concerns about Donald Trump proved decisive in the 2020 election. By targeting these voters and reaching them with credible messengers, the campaign will establish a permission structure for them to withhold their support from Trump again.”

Doing so will create an anti-Trump coalition that “holds the key” in the 2024 presidential election, the group said. In the 2020 race, the anti-Trump PAC ran a similar campaign that featured over 1,000 video testimonials. This time, the group will show over 100 testimonials.

The current campaign will feature one and two-time Trump voters who have decided not to support the former president due to the Jan. 6, 2021, breach of the U.S. Capitol, the criminal cases against him totaling 91 felony counts, and other issues.

President Trump has pleaded not guilty to all four criminal indictments, and has repeatedly dismissed the charges as efforts by his political adversaries to jeopardize his 2024 presidential run.

Ethan, a Trump 2020 voter from Portage, Wisconsin, who is featured in the anti-Trump campaign, said in a testimonial: “I voted for Donald Trump in 2020. January 6 was the end of Donald Trump for me. The peaceful transfer of power is one of the defining pieces of our democracy, and I could not believe that someone I had formerly supported would get behind an effort that would throw that under the bus … There is no choice. Donald Trump is not a viable option. I will vote for Biden.”

President Trump has previously pointed out that he had urged people to be peaceful before, during, and after the Jan. 6 protests that took place at and around the U.S. Capitol, which Democrats have labeled an “insurrection.” Back in February 2021, President Trump was acquitted by the Senate of an insurrection incitement charge related to the events of Jan. 6.

Get you MAGA on with hand-curated links to trusted conservative and Christian sources

The anti-Trump PAC intends to deploy ads on television, streaming, radio, billboards, and digital media, with the campaign running in six states—Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

The group was founded by Republican strategist Sarah Longwell, a long-time critic of President Trump. It has the backing of multiple billionaires.

Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn’s co-founder, gave $4 million to the organization last year, according to a Forbes analysis of Federal Election Commission filings. He has donated to Democrat causes. Seth Klarman, who manages the Baupost hedge fund, donated $1 million.

“Former Republicans and Republican-leaning voters hold the key to 2024, and reaching them with credible, relatable messengers is essential to re-creating the anti-Trump coalition that made the difference in 2020,” said Ms. Longwell.

“It establishes a permission structure that says that—whatever their complaints about Joe Biden—Donald Trump is too dangerous and too unhinged to ever be president again. Who better to make this case than the voters who used to support him?”

Support for Former President

The campaign against President Trump comes at a time when he is leading the polls against Democrat rival, President Joe Biden.

According to a March 11 update from Morning Consult, 44 percent of registered U.S. voters in a survey said they will support President Trump in the 2024 election, a one percentage point lead over President Biden.

Among Independents, President Trump again has a one percentage point lead. The former president was more popular with his party members than President Biden. While 89 percent of Republican voters said they would choose President Trump, only 85 percent of Democrat voters opted for President Biden.

Among President Trump’s 2020 voters, 90 percent said they would vote for him again. For President Biden, only 84 percent of his 2020 voters said they would support him this time.

Currently, President Trump has the backing of 1,078 delegates to become the presumptive GOP nominee for the 2024 election. He needs the backing of 137 more delegates to hit the 1,215 threshold, a target that could be achieved this month.

President Trump recently notched a massive win on Super Tuesday, winning 14 out of the 15 contests against former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley. Following the results, Ms. Haley dropped out of the Republican primary race. After his dominating win on Super Tuesday, Republican lawmakers rallied behind President Trump.

“The @GOP presidential primary is over. President Trump’s resounding Super Tuesday victories have solidified it. It is time to listen to our voters and unite the Republican Party,” Alex Triantafilou, chairman of the Ohio GOP, said in a post on X following the GOP primary. “We must get on to the work of ending the disastrous presidency of Joe Biden.”



Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) in a post on X praised the former president, saying that he has “made history running the strongest Republican primary campaign ever.” She called for voters to “rally around President Trump as our Republican nominee who will defeat Joe Biden this November to #SaveAmerica.”

Sen. J.D. Vance (R-Ohio) called President Trump’s Super Tuesday win a “rout” and asked donors and political professionals to “unite behind our nominee.”

Last week, the former president challenged President Biden for a debate on key issues facing America, saying that he is willing to take part in such debates “anytime, anywhere, anyplace.”

“The debates can be run by the corrupt DNC, or their subsidiary, the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD),” he said.

During the 2020 election cycle, President Trump and President Biden debated each other twic.

In a post on Truth Social on March 12, President Trump outlined his priorities once he reenters the White House: “My first acts as your next President will be to Close the Border, DRILL, BABY, DRILL, and Free the January 6 Hostages being wrongfully imprisoned!”

Advisor Bullion Gold Surge

Donation

Buy author a coffee

Donate

Bypass Big Tech Censors






Two Storms, One Harvest

Empty Shelves

Every food crisis in living memory has been a one-shock event. The 2008 price spike was a commodity bubble. The 2020 shortages were a logistics failure. The 2022 grain scare was a war on one exporter’s ports. Each time, the system bent, adjusted, and recovered, and each time the experts assured us afterward that global markets are simply too big and too diversified to fail.

What nobody in Washington seems eager to discuss is that 2026 is shaping up to be something the modern food system has never actually faced. Two independent shocks, one climatic and one geopolitical, are converging on the same harvest cycle at the same time. Not sequentially. Simultaneously.

Start with the weather. The Pacific Ocean is currently building toward what forecasters now openly call a record event. NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center puts the odds of at least a strong El Niño near 88 percent, with roughly two in three odds it reaches “very strong” status, the tier reserved for perhaps three or four events in the entire satellite era. Every major global model now projects a median peak in Super El Niño territory, and most of them project it exceeding the 2015-16 event, which until now held the modern record. Sea surface anomalies were already brushing the super threshold in mid-July, months before these events normally peak. The atmosphere has already shifted into El Niño mode, and the event is forecast to crest in late fall and early winter.

This is not about “climate change.” It’s about the standard cycles of weather, and the cycle we’re currently in is one that has likely devastated societies in the past. We’re better prepared as a society today, but not all Americans are equally prepared.

Serious households have started doing the quiet math on their own. Grocery bills tell part of the story, and the forecast maps tell the rest, which is why long-term food storage has moved from fringe hobby to mainstream line item in the family budget, with established suppliers like Heaven’s Harvest seeing demand from people who five years ago would have rolled their eyes at the idea. That instinct is not paranoia. It is pattern recognition, and the pattern is worth walking through carefully.

Editor’s Note: Heaven’s Harvest IS a sponsor, but the warnings of this article are real and would be written even if we didn’t have a survival food sponsor. With that said, those who take advantage of what they offer can use promo code “Patriot” for 15% off.

The Fertilizer Clock Is Already Running

While the Pacific warms, the second shock has been unfolding in the Strait of Hormuz. The conflict with Iran turned the world’s most important energy chokepoint into a contested waterway, and the consequences reach far beyond the gas pump. Roughly a third of global fertilizer trade moves through Hormuz, and the disruption sent urea prices up 86 percent year over year by March, with a 53 percent jump in a single month.

The World Bank projects energy prices rising about 24 percent in 2026 and fertilizer about 31 percent. By its own accounting, fertilizer prices ran 35 percent higher in the first five months of this year than the same period last year.

Here is the mechanism the nightly news will not explain. Fertilizer is not a grocery item. It is a time-delayed input. The nitrogen a farmer in Iowa or Punjab could not afford to apply this spring does not show up as a problem this spring. It shows up as a thinner harvest six to twelve months later.

The World Bank’s own food security brief concedes that the effects of reduced applications earlier this season “are likely to become visible only later in harvest outcomes.” Translate that from institutional language into plain English and it means this. The damage is already done, it is already in the ground, and we are simply waiting for it to arrive on the shelf.

Now check the calendar. Six to twelve months from the spring planting season lands us squarely in late 2026 and early 2027. Which is precisely when the strongest El Niño in the instrumental record is forecast to peak, bringing its signature droughts to Southeast Asia, Australia, southern Africa, northern Brazil, and South Asia, the very regions that grow the world’s rice, sugar, and oilseeds.

The World Bank warns openly that a strong El Niño “could disrupt multiple crop belts simultaneously” on top of the conflict-driven input costs. Their baseline projection assumes the Middle East disruptions ease by autumn. What in the last two years of Middle East history suggests that assumption is safe?

The System Has No Slack Left

The comfortable answer is that global markets always adjust. But adjustment requires slack, and the slack is gone. Global cereal production is expected to decline from last year’s records even before El Niño does its work. The UN World Food Programme, hardly a den of right-wing preppers, is calling this the most significant disruption to its supply chains since Covid and the invasion of Ukraine, and its supply chain director put the stakes bluntly.

Today’s supply chain challenges are tomorrow’s hunger crisis.

There is also a political dimension that markets cannot price. When food gets scarce, governments do not behave like economists. They behave like politicians. Export bans, hoarding mandates, and panic buying at the national level turned the modest rice shortfall of 2008 into a global crisis, and analysts are already warning that import-dependent nations are the first dominoes.

The 2015-16 Super El Niño, a far weaker event than what is now forecast, threw tens of millions into food stress across Africa and Asia. This one is projected to be stronger, and it arrives with fertilizer already rationed by price and shipping lanes already contested by missiles.

What Joseph Knew

Scripture does not treat preparation for lean years as faithlessness. It treats it as wisdom delivered in advance to those willing to act on it.

Behold, there come seven years of great plenty throughout all the land of Egypt: And there shall arise after them seven years of famine; and all the plenty shall be forgotten in the land of Egypt.

Joseph did not respond to that warning with a hashtag or a committee. He stored grain during the years of abundance, and when the famine came, Egypt stood while its neighbors begged. The lesson is not that famine is certain. It is that the time to prepare is precisely when preparation still looks optional.

Nobody who filled a pantry in a year of plenty has ever regretted it, and nobody standing in an empty aisle has ever been glad he waited for certainty.

None of this calls for panic, and panic is the enemy of sound judgment anyway. It calls for the same unglamorous prudence our grandparents considered ordinary. Keep some cash margin, know your local growers, and put real food in deep storage while it is cheap and available, because the entire arc of this story is that cheap and available is a closing window.

Families looking for a straightforward place to start can visit Heaven’s Harvest and use promo code Patriot for 15 percent off long-term storable food. The forecasts may yet soften, the strait may yet reopen, and we should pray they do. But hope is a fine thing to hold and a foolish thing to eat.

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About
  • Politics
  • Conspiracy
  • Culture
  • Financial
  • Geopolitics
  • Faith
  • Survival
© 2024 Conservative Playlist.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • Contact
    • About

© 2024 Conservative Playlist.