(DCNF)—Since stepping in as President Donald Trump’s border czar, Tom Homan has wasted no time reigniting the administration’s immigration crackdown while taking swings at Democrats and the legacy media outlets along the way.
Appointed by Trump just days after the 2024 general election, the president announced Homan would oversee the United States’ borders, adding there “is nobody better at policing and controlling our Borders” than the former acting director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Since Trump’s administration officially began on Jan. 20, Homan has delivered several sharp comebacks to those opposing or attempting to halt the administration’s vow to crack down on illegal migrants and conduct mass deportations.
1. Homan Gives Hilarious Comeback To Haitian Migrant
After Trump’s inauguration, the president signed a slew of executive orders reversing former President Joe Biden’s policies, allowing ICE agents to officially begin arresting “criminal aliens,” including rapists and murderers, across the U.S.
While on a raid with officials, Fox News captured footage of a Haitian migrant praising Biden and former President Barack Obama, claiming he would not be “going back to Haiti” as officials placed him inside a car.
“I’m not going back to Haiti,” the migrant said. “F*ck Trump! You feel me? Yo, Biden forever, bro! Thank Obama for everything he did for me, bro!”
Just three days into the administration’s start, Homan appeared on Fox News’ “The Will Cain Show,” with the host asking for his response to the migrant claiming he would not be deported.
“He’s going back to Haiti. I can tell him that,” Homan said.
“Look, I’ve said it on this network for four years. Joe Biden opened these borders on purpose. It wasn’t a mismanagement,” Homan added. “It wasn’t encompassing. He knew exactly what he was doing. He played the promises while he’s running for president. He kept those promises. At least you got to give him credit for that. They’ve opened this border up.”
2. Homan Obliterates AOC And Her Attempt To Push Back On ICE
In February, Democrat New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez joined a virtual event called “Know Your Rights With ICE,” appearing to give illegal migrants advice on how to respond to ICE raids on their homes or workplaces. In addition to her livestream, the Democrat lawmaker used her government website to offer tips to those evading federal officials, suggesting how some should respond to officials by refusing entry, requesting departure and remaining silent.
While joining Newsmax’s “Finnerty” to discuss Ocasio-Cortez’s education tips to illegal migrants, Homan said she “proves” every day that she’s “the dumbest Congresswoman.”
“She’s the dumbest Congresswoman ever who was let into Congress, and she proves that every day,” Homan said.
“You got a congresswoman that does not want ICE to do the job that Congress has mandated them to do and funds them to do. She doesn’t want ICE to enforce the laws they enacted, and what the hell is Congress doing? They can spend their time doing better things, rather than writing laws they didn’t want us to enforce,” Homan added.
At the time, Homan repeatedly suggested how Ocasio-Cotez’s live stream event violated federal law, eventually contacting the deputy attorney general for a formal request to review the webinar. While Ocasio-Cortez went on to continue pushing back against Homan’s call outs, the Democrat lawmaker ended up writing a letter to the Department of Justice asking for clarification if she had been under investigation for potentially obstructing the administration’s immigration agenda.
3. Homan Finds Joy Living ‘Rent Free’ In Dems’ Minds
As the Trump administration continued to ramp up their ICE raids in March, Democrats also began to ramp up their opposition to the push of the president’s agenda. Sanctuary cities continued to not lift their statuses and instead protected illegal migrants, despite the Trump administration requests.
In March Democrat Mayors Michelle Wu and Brandon Johnson appeared before the Oversight Committee, unable to not explicitly explain whether they would turn over illegal immigrant criminals to ICE. While responding to the Democrat mayors on Fox News’ “The Ingraham Angle,” Homan teased how he lived “rent free” in Wu’s mind.
“I didn’t see that hearing, but thank you for playing that because now I want to sleep like a baby. Because if I get to live in her mind rent free every day, that’s kind of cool. I love my job. I work for the greatest president in my lifetime,” Homan said.
“We’re making America safe again. President Trump promised the American people that we’re going to shut down illegal alien crime in this country. That’s exactly what we’re doing. Mayor Wu should be standing side by side with me,” Homan added.
During the hearing, Wu had been asked by a Democrat representative about Homan’s comment that he would bring “hell” to Boston over the city’s illegal migrant crisis, to which she responded by calling “shame” on the border czar.
4. Homan Takes Jasmine Crockett To The Mat Over Her False Claim
Joining Ocasio-Cortez in ramping up pushback against illegal migrants being detained and deported by ICE officials, Democrat Texas Rep. Jasmine Crockett appeared on MSNBC’s “The Katie Phang Show” to discuss illegal migrants.
While being interviewed, Crockett claimed that Republicans have been hyper-focused on illegal migrants and crime, before adding that “it is not a criminal violation to enter the country illegally.”
Later appearing on Fox Business’ “Varney & Company,” Homan explained on air that entering the U.S. illegally is a crime, not a misdemeanor, stating how “it’s pathetic” that Congressional members don’t understand the law.
“It’s a crime to enter the country illegally under Title 8 United States Code 1325, and it’s really pathetic that any member of Congress [doesn’t] understand what the law says,” Homan said. “They wrote the law, they enacted the law, [it’s] signed by a president. It is a criminal violation to enter the country legally. And if you’ve entered prior, it’s a felony.”
Homan added that he previously had to remind Ocasio-Cortez during a 2019 hearing that entering the country illegally is, in fact, a crime after she attempted to argue that “legal asylees are not charged with any crime.”
5. Homan Takes Down CNN
With the increase in ICE raids, pushback on the administration’s plan has continued, with riots and protests breaking out across the country in support of illegal migrants. Cities like Los Angeles saw looting, vandalism and burning cars, with rioters violently attacking both local and federal officials’ vehicles at one point.
In June, CNN business writer Clare Duffy appeared on the network’s “CNN News Central,” detailing how users of the app IceBlock could anonymously pin the location of ICE agents within five miles and publicly share their appearance and vehicles. After the segment aired, Homan appeared on Fox News’ “The Will Cain Show,” ripping CNN for their “disgusting” coverage of the app and stating how it could endanger ICE officials.
“It’s simply disgusting, and any network that covers that is disgusting as well,” Homan said. “So I’m hoping [the Department of Justice] steps in here and see if [the app] cross[es] that line, impeding federal law enforcement officers.”
“Look, you and I have talked about this. Assaults against law enforcement officers are up 500%, now you’ve got an app that’s going to tell where ICE operations are going to be,” Homan continued. “It’s only a matter of time before ICE agents are ambushed by some nut, like what happened in [Los Angeles] [where they’re] throwing a Molotov cocktail [and] throwing bricks at these officers. This is just disgusting at every level.”
All content created by the Daily Caller News Foundation, an independent and nonpartisan newswire service, is available without charge to any legitimate news publisher that can provide a large audience. All republished articles must include our logo, our reporter’s byline and their DCNF affiliation. For any questions about our guidelines or partnering with us, please contact [email protected].
Bypass Big Tech Censors
Two Storms, One Harvest
Every food crisis in living memory has been a one-shock event. The 2008 price spike was a commodity bubble. The 2020 shortages were a logistics failure. The 2022 grain scare was a war on one exporter’s ports. Each time, the system bent, adjusted, and recovered, and each time the experts assured us afterward that global markets are simply too big and too diversified to fail.
What nobody in Washington seems eager to discuss is that 2026 is shaping up to be something the modern food system has never actually faced. Two independent shocks, one climatic and one geopolitical, are converging on the same harvest cycle at the same time. Not sequentially. Simultaneously.
Start with the weather. The Pacific Ocean is currently building toward what forecasters now openly call a record event. NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center puts the odds of at least a strong El Niño near 88 percent, with roughly two in three odds it reaches “very strong” status, the tier reserved for perhaps three or four events in the entire satellite era. Every major global model now projects a median peak in Super El Niño territory, and most of them project it exceeding the 2015-16 event, which until now held the modern record. Sea surface anomalies were already brushing the super threshold in mid-July, months before these events normally peak. The atmosphere has already shifted into El Niño mode, and the event is forecast to crest in late fall and early winter.
This is not about “climate change.” It’s about the standard cycles of weather, and the cycle we’re currently in is one that has likely devastated societies in the past. We’re better prepared as a society today, but not all Americans are equally prepared.
Serious households have started doing the quiet math on their own. Grocery bills tell part of the story, and the forecast maps tell the rest, which is why long-term food storage has moved from fringe hobby to mainstream line item in the family budget, with established suppliers like Heaven’s Harvest seeing demand from people who five years ago would have rolled their eyes at the idea. That instinct is not paranoia. It is pattern recognition, and the pattern is worth walking through carefully.
Editor’s Note: Heaven’s Harvest IS a sponsor, but the warnings of this article are real and would be written even if we didn’t have a survival food sponsor. With that said, those who take advantage of what they offer can use promo code “Patriot” for 15% off.
The Fertilizer Clock Is Already Running
While the Pacific warms, the second shock has been unfolding in the Strait of Hormuz. The conflict with Iran turned the world’s most important energy chokepoint into a contested waterway, and the consequences reach far beyond the gas pump. Roughly a third of global fertilizer trade moves through Hormuz, and the disruption sent urea prices up 86 percent year over year by March, with a 53 percent jump in a single month.
The World Bank projects energy prices rising about 24 percent in 2026 and fertilizer about 31 percent. By its own accounting, fertilizer prices ran 35 percent higher in the first five months of this year than the same period last year.
Here is the mechanism the nightly news will not explain. Fertilizer is not a grocery item. It is a time-delayed input. The nitrogen a farmer in Iowa or Punjab could not afford to apply this spring does not show up as a problem this spring. It shows up as a thinner harvest six to twelve months later.
The World Bank’s own food security brief concedes that the effects of reduced applications earlier this season “are likely to become visible only later in harvest outcomes.” Translate that from institutional language into plain English and it means this. The damage is already done, it is already in the ground, and we are simply waiting for it to arrive on the shelf.
Now check the calendar. Six to twelve months from the spring planting season lands us squarely in late 2026 and early 2027. Which is precisely when the strongest El Niño in the instrumental record is forecast to peak, bringing its signature droughts to Southeast Asia, Australia, southern Africa, northern Brazil, and South Asia, the very regions that grow the world’s rice, sugar, and oilseeds.
The World Bank warns openly that a strong El Niño “could disrupt multiple crop belts simultaneously” on top of the conflict-driven input costs. Their baseline projection assumes the Middle East disruptions ease by autumn. What in the last two years of Middle East history suggests that assumption is safe?
The System Has No Slack Left
The comfortable answer is that global markets always adjust. But adjustment requires slack, and the slack is gone. Global cereal production is expected to decline from last year’s records even before El Niño does its work. The UN World Food Programme, hardly a den of right-wing preppers, is calling this the most significant disruption to its supply chains since Covid and the invasion of Ukraine, and its supply chain director put the stakes bluntly.
Today’s supply chain challenges are tomorrow’s hunger crisis.
There is also a political dimension that markets cannot price. When food gets scarce, governments do not behave like economists. They behave like politicians. Export bans, hoarding mandates, and panic buying at the national level turned the modest rice shortfall of 2008 into a global crisis, and analysts are already warning that import-dependent nations are the first dominoes.
The 2015-16 Super El Niño, a far weaker event than what is now forecast, threw tens of millions into food stress across Africa and Asia. This one is projected to be stronger, and it arrives with fertilizer already rationed by price and shipping lanes already contested by missiles.
What Joseph Knew
Scripture does not treat preparation for lean years as faithlessness. It treats it as wisdom delivered in advance to those willing to act on it.
Behold, there come seven years of great plenty throughout all the land of Egypt: And there shall arise after them seven years of famine; and all the plenty shall be forgotten in the land of Egypt.
Joseph did not respond to that warning with a hashtag or a committee. He stored grain during the years of abundance, and when the famine came, Egypt stood while its neighbors begged. The lesson is not that famine is certain. It is that the time to prepare is precisely when preparation still looks optional.
Nobody who filled a pantry in a year of plenty has ever regretted it, and nobody standing in an empty aisle has ever been glad he waited for certainty.
None of this calls for panic, and panic is the enemy of sound judgment anyway. It calls for the same unglamorous prudence our grandparents considered ordinary. Keep some cash margin, know your local growers, and put real food in deep storage while it is cheap and available, because the entire arc of this story is that cheap and available is a closing window.
Families looking for a straightforward place to start can visit Heaven’s Harvest and use promo code Patriot for 15 percent off long-term storable food. The forecasts may yet soften, the strait may yet reopen, and we should pray they do. But hope is a fine thing to hold and a foolish thing to eat.

