• Home
    • Contact
    • About
No Result
View All Result
Friday, August 21, 2026
Discern TV
No Result
View All Result
PatriotTV
No Result
View All Result
Home Type Curated
Chargers

More Than 1.1 Million China-Made Power Banks Recalled Due to Fire Risk

by Naveen Athrappully
June 14, 2025

(The Epoch Times)—China-based Anker Innovations Limited has issued a recall for around 1,158,000 units of power banks sold in the United States since the lithium-ion battery can overheat, “posing fire and burn hazards to consumers,” the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) said in a June 12 statement.

The recall applies to Anker PowerCore 10000 power banks with model number A1263. The items were sold online at the company website as well as through Amazon, eBay, and Newegg between June 2016 and December 2022 for roughly $27.

“Anker has received 19 reports of fires and explosions. This includes two reports of minor burn injuries not requiring medical attention and 11 reports of property damage totaling over $60,700,” the statement said.

The Anker brand name is printed on the front of the product, with the A1263 model number. Other model numbers are not part of the recall.

CPSC warned against discarding batteries in the trash or recycling bins since they pose a higher fire risk.

The agency asked consumers who have bought the recalled power banks to stop using them and get in touch with Anker to get a replacement.

“To receive a replacement, consumers will be required to submit a photo of their recalled power bank showing the model number, serial number, their name, the date of the photograph, and the word ‘recalled’ written on the power bank in permanent marker,” CPSC said.

“A purchase receipt will be requested, but will not be required to participate in the recall. Consumers will also be required to confirm disposal of the power bank in accordance with applicable laws and regulations before receiving a replacement.”

JD's Links

The Epoch Times reached out to Anker for comment but did not receive a response by publication time.

Multiple lithium-ion battery recalls have been issued in recent months, citing fire risk.

On May 29, China-based U2O Global Co. Ltd. withdrew roughly 27,500 power banks from the United States. The company had received 15 reports of the battery catching fire, leading to 10 burn injuries.

Earlier on March 20, New York-based VC Group recalled around 89,500 units of China-manufactured power banks. There were 19 reports of the items overheating or catching fire, which resulted in 10 injuries.

Lithium Battery Risks

Lawmakers are pushing ahead with legislation to tackle the fire risks posed by lithium batteries.

On April 28, the House of Representatives passed the “Setting Consumer Standards for Lithium-Ion Batteries Act” by a vote of 365-42.

The bipartisan bill requires the CPSC to “publish a final consumer product safety standard for rechargeable lithium-ion batteries used in e-bikes and other micro mobility devices to protect against the risk of fires caused by such batteries,” said an April 28 statement from the office of Rep. Richie Torres (D-N.Y.), who introduced the bill.

Torres called unregulated lithium-ion batteries a “clear and present threat” to public safety, urging the Senate to swiftly pass the bill and President Donald Trump to sign it into law.

Advocacy group UL Standards & Engagement welcomed the “overwhelming” House passage of the legislation in an April 29 statement.

“E-mobility battery fires are rising across the country, causing residential and building fires that have cost lives, caused injuries, and displaced people from their homes. This bipartisan legislation will help protect Americans from a growing fire risk that too many consumers know little about,” said the group’s CEO, Jeff Marootian.

“E-mobility riders deserve both safety and access to the e-bikes and e-scooters they want and need, and this legislation is a smart, bipartisan step forward. We thank the bill’s sponsors and co-sponsors for their support of this critical issue, and we urge the Senate to move quickly and pass legislation to protect American consumers.”

The bill was received in the Senate on April 29.



Donation

Buy author a coffee

Donate

Bypass Big Tech Censors






Two Storms, One Harvest

Empty Shelves

Every food crisis in living memory has been a one-shock event. The 2008 price spike was a commodity bubble. The 2020 shortages were a logistics failure. The 2022 grain scare was a war on one exporter’s ports. Each time, the system bent, adjusted, and recovered, and each time the experts assured us afterward that global markets are simply too big and too diversified to fail.

What nobody in Washington seems eager to discuss is that 2026 is shaping up to be something the modern food system has never actually faced. Two independent shocks, one climatic and one geopolitical, are converging on the same harvest cycle at the same time. Not sequentially. Simultaneously.

Start with the weather. The Pacific Ocean is currently building toward what forecasters now openly call a record event. NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center puts the odds of at least a strong El Niño near 88 percent, with roughly two in three odds it reaches “very strong” status, the tier reserved for perhaps three or four events in the entire satellite era. Every major global model now projects a median peak in Super El Niño territory, and most of them project it exceeding the 2015-16 event, which until now held the modern record. Sea surface anomalies were already brushing the super threshold in mid-July, months before these events normally peak. The atmosphere has already shifted into El Niño mode, and the event is forecast to crest in late fall and early winter.

This is not about “climate change.” It’s about the standard cycles of weather, and the cycle we’re currently in is one that has likely devastated societies in the past. We’re better prepared as a society today, but not all Americans are equally prepared.

Serious households have started doing the quiet math on their own. Grocery bills tell part of the story, and the forecast maps tell the rest, which is why long-term food storage has moved from fringe hobby to mainstream line item in the family budget, with established suppliers like Heaven’s Harvest seeing demand from people who five years ago would have rolled their eyes at the idea. That instinct is not paranoia. It is pattern recognition, and the pattern is worth walking through carefully.

Editor’s Note: Heaven’s Harvest IS a sponsor, but the warnings of this article are real and would be written even if we didn’t have a survival food sponsor. With that said, those who take advantage of what they offer can use promo code “Patriot” for 15% off.

The Fertilizer Clock Is Already Running

While the Pacific warms, the second shock has been unfolding in the Strait of Hormuz. The conflict with Iran turned the world’s most important energy chokepoint into a contested waterway, and the consequences reach far beyond the gas pump. Roughly a third of global fertilizer trade moves through Hormuz, and the disruption sent urea prices up 86 percent year over year by March, with a 53 percent jump in a single month.

The World Bank projects energy prices rising about 24 percent in 2026 and fertilizer about 31 percent. By its own accounting, fertilizer prices ran 35 percent higher in the first five months of this year than the same period last year.

Here is the mechanism the nightly news will not explain. Fertilizer is not a grocery item. It is a time-delayed input. The nitrogen a farmer in Iowa or Punjab could not afford to apply this spring does not show up as a problem this spring. It shows up as a thinner harvest six to twelve months later.

The World Bank’s own food security brief concedes that the effects of reduced applications earlier this season “are likely to become visible only later in harvest outcomes.” Translate that from institutional language into plain English and it means this. The damage is already done, it is already in the ground, and we are simply waiting for it to arrive on the shelf.

Now check the calendar. Six to twelve months from the spring planting season lands us squarely in late 2026 and early 2027. Which is precisely when the strongest El Niño in the instrumental record is forecast to peak, bringing its signature droughts to Southeast Asia, Australia, southern Africa, northern Brazil, and South Asia, the very regions that grow the world’s rice, sugar, and oilseeds.

The World Bank warns openly that a strong El Niño “could disrupt multiple crop belts simultaneously” on top of the conflict-driven input costs. Their baseline projection assumes the Middle East disruptions ease by autumn. What in the last two years of Middle East history suggests that assumption is safe?

The System Has No Slack Left

The comfortable answer is that global markets always adjust. But adjustment requires slack, and the slack is gone. Global cereal production is expected to decline from last year’s records even before El Niño does its work. The UN World Food Programme, hardly a den of right-wing preppers, is calling this the most significant disruption to its supply chains since Covid and the invasion of Ukraine, and its supply chain director put the stakes bluntly.

Today’s supply chain challenges are tomorrow’s hunger crisis.

There is also a political dimension that markets cannot price. When food gets scarce, governments do not behave like economists. They behave like politicians. Export bans, hoarding mandates, and panic buying at the national level turned the modest rice shortfall of 2008 into a global crisis, and analysts are already warning that import-dependent nations are the first dominoes.

The 2015-16 Super El Niño, a far weaker event than what is now forecast, threw tens of millions into food stress across Africa and Asia. This one is projected to be stronger, and it arrives with fertilizer already rationed by price and shipping lanes already contested by missiles.

What Joseph Knew

Scripture does not treat preparation for lean years as faithlessness. It treats it as wisdom delivered in advance to those willing to act on it.

Behold, there come seven years of great plenty throughout all the land of Egypt: And there shall arise after them seven years of famine; and all the plenty shall be forgotten in the land of Egypt.

Joseph did not respond to that warning with a hashtag or a committee. He stored grain during the years of abundance, and when the famine came, Egypt stood while its neighbors begged. The lesson is not that famine is certain. It is that the time to prepare is precisely when preparation still looks optional.

Nobody who filled a pantry in a year of plenty has ever regretted it, and nobody standing in an empty aisle has ever been glad he waited for certainty.

None of this calls for panic, and panic is the enemy of sound judgment anyway. It calls for the same unglamorous prudence our grandparents considered ordinary. Keep some cash margin, know your local growers, and put real food in deep storage while it is cheap and available, because the entire arc of this story is that cheap and available is a closing window.

Families looking for a straightforward place to start can visit Heaven’s Harvest and use promo code Patriot for 15 percent off long-term storable food. The forecasts may yet soften, the strait may yet reopen, and we should pray they do. But hope is a fine thing to hold and a foolish thing to eat.

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About
  • Politics
  • Conspiracy
  • Culture
  • Financial
  • Geopolitics
  • Faith
  • Survival
© 2024 Conservative Playlist.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • Contact
    • About

© 2024 Conservative Playlist.